Abbeville First Bank was chartered on April 24, 1907 under the name of Building and Loan Bank of Abbeville.
In 1964, the Bank had grown to $4 million dollars and constructed a new building on the corner of South Main Street & Magazine Street.
In 1987 the Bank doubled the size of its facility on South Main and had grown to over $50 million in assets.
By 2001 the Bank had recognized the changing needs of the community and the decision was made to convert its charter to a State Savings Bank.
In 2013, continuing to evolve toward a full-service retail and commercial institution, the Bank changed its name to Abbeville First Bank.
In 2016, at over $75 million, the Bank opened its first branch office in Calhoun Falls. As more banks consolidated, Abbeville First was growing; by late 2021 we were over $100 million in assets.
Today we sit at over $107 million. The Bank’s objectives, aims, and goals are still the same as what got us here — providing personal service to the people of Abbeville and the surrounding communities.